OWEGO STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!
Racer's towing rigs take note. You will want to avoid downtown Owego this Friday & Saturday.
If you normally take Route 17 to Exit 64, you will want to take the Nichols Exit 62 instead and then get on 17C heading East to the track.
THIS WEEK AT SKYVIEW DRAGS!
Garinger Takes Home 2nd Season Win in Juniors!
Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate with Skyview Drags best efforts to hold a Test & Tune and Gamblers Race on Friday June 5, 2015. A storm cell came through leaving the track no choice but to cancel racing for the evening after sending a few pair down the track.
With over 100 competitors entered Saturday June 6, 2015, Skyview marked the 3rd points race of the season completed in the books. The results:
Junior DragsterHannah Garinger of Exeter Pa took home the first class win of the day in the Junior Program against rookie, Anthony Ferrigno. Garinger at the line and going for her second win of the season, dialed 8.00 against Ferrgno's 13.85 ET. Ferrigno went .429 red on the tree, automatically turning the win light on for Garinger who went .600 on the tree, and ran dead on her dial 8.0009 at 79.79 mph. In the semi finals, veteran racer, Hunter Denmark of Ovid NY took home the semi final finish after being defeated by Ferrigno. Denmark dialed 8.11, broke out running a 8.101 at 74.61 mph, .561 reaction time. Ferrigno dialed 13.75, went .605 on the tree running 14.047 at 43.65 mph. Garinger had the bye run to the final.
FRIDAY NIGHT TEST & TUNE AND SATURDAY POINTS RACING!
UNEXPECTED CHANGE IN WEEKEND PLANS!
TO ALL OF OUR RACERS & FANS:
We have just learned that this morning ESTA added a points race to their schedule for next Sunday, 06/07. First, let us say that we understand a track's need to occasionally change their schedule. We've had to do it too. In fact, just about every track has done it at some point in time. But ESTA's schedule change will severely impact Skyview's ability to draw the ESTA racers to our track for our planned 2-day race next weekend.
We've spent the last 2 hours debating the pros & cons of going forward with our plans for next weekend and probably taking a big hit on our much hoped for weekend car count versus cancelling our Sunday, 06/07 race and just sticking with our Saturday, 06/06 race.
Bottom Line: We have to make a decision that is right for Skyview and we can't see holding a non-holiday 2-day race if we know we've lost our shot at a big car count weekend. Other than Holiday Weekends, we never schedule a Sunday race unless we know ESTA is not racing. Their last minute addition (again, which they are entitled to make) has basically squashed our 2-day Points Race plans for next weekend.
So -- Next weekend will be a Friday Night Test & Tune on 06/05 as scheduled and a Saturday Points Race on 06/06 as scheduled. We will NOT be holding our planned Sunday Points Race on 06/07.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday Night for Test & Tune and on Satruday for 660 Points Racing!
Page 2 of 45