UNEXPECTED CHANGE IN WEEKEND PLANS!
TO ALL OF OUR RACERS & FANS:
We have just learned that this morning ESTA added a points race to their schedule for next Sunday, 06/07. First, let us say that we understand a track's need to occasionally change their schedule. We've had to do it too. In fact, just about every track has done it at some point in time. But ESTA's schedule change will severely impact Skyview's ability to draw the ESTA racers to our track for our planned 2-day race next weekend.
We've spent the last 2 hours debating the pros & cons of going forward with our plans for next weekend and probably taking a big hit on our much hoped for weekend car count versus cancelling our Sunday, 06/07 race and just sticking with our Saturday, 06/06 race.
Bottom Line: We have to make a decision that is right for Skyview and we can't see holding a non-holiday 2-day race if we know we've lost our shot at a big car count weekend. Other than Holiday Weekends, we never schedule a Sunday race unless we know ESTA is not racing. Their last minute addition (again, which they are entitled to make) has basically squashed our 2-day Points Race plans for next weekend.
So -- Next weekend will be a Friday Night Test & Tune on 06/05 as scheduled and a Saturday Points Race on 06/06 as scheduled. We will NOT be holding our planned Sunday Points Race on 06/07.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday Night for Test & Tune and on Satruday for 660 Points Racing!
TRACK PHONE: 607-343-9325
RACE FUEL: Now being sold every Saturday at Shangri-La II by Tom Bellinger. If you need to reach Tom to make sure he has the racing fuel octane you need, contact him at 607-343-2567.
THUNDERSTORMS & POTENTIAL DOWNPOURS EXPECTED TODAY 4-6 PM!
Good Morning Racers & Fans: It's day's like these that give us ulcers. Weather for today shows a very good chance for rain from 4-6 PM. We usually start First Round at 4 PM. So now we have to make the difficult call. If we're right, we're heroes! If we guess wrong, it's "you made a terrible call!"
But make the call we must. We've decided to err on the side of caution and rather than call you all here, take your money, and then probably endure 3 hours of rain in the early evening, we've decided to CANCEL RACES FOR TODAY.
So don't load up folks, we are NOT racing today. We hope to see everyone next weekend for Friday night Test & Tune and Saturday & Sunday Points Racing. And please ask Mother Nature to be kind to us!
2 Day Memorial Day Weekend Race Kicks Off the 2015 Skyview Drags Race Season!
This Week's Schedule!
Page 1 of 43